Wednesday 11 March 2009

New Kid on the Block

Well the main driving force behind me actually getting this blog started was the announcement of the forthcoming releases from the new Imprint Angry Robot.

That and the chance to join their ‘angry robot army’. I wonder what the Necrons and Skynet think of this but I digress.

They will be releasing four books initially

Moxyland
Slights
Book of Secrets

Nekropolis

Of these four Slights has grabbed my attention the most. I’m not usually a horror fan but there’s something about the description which intrigues me.

Nekropolis comes 2nd, with Moxyland 3rd and Book of Secrets last.

Which was surprising to me as I have read the two books Chris Roberson has written for Solaris. Not to say that there is anything wrong with Book of Secrets and I’m sure it will be great but it’s just the other three just grabbed my attention more.

Still early signs for Angry Robot looks good. They’ve got a nice selection of books to launch with and if they keep going like this they should be able to build their range so all fans of Sci fi and fantasy should find something they like.


No comments:

Post a Comment